Tile Trends We’re Looking Forward to in 2019
When it comes to home interior design, one of our favorite elements that really helps to define the character of a home is tile. From marble to stone, wood, geometric effects and beyond, the tiling trends of 2019 are ready to take over your new home, renovation, remodel or decorating plans, and turn them into something truly stunning. So, to get your creative juices flowing, let’s take a look at the show-stopping trends of the new year, and get inspired! Here’s what you can expect to see out there:
- Marble – Marble-inspired tiles have been around for a while and aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. And, it’s easy to see why. From their impressive range of colors, designs, and shapes, these eye-popping tiles give any interior an instant feeling of luxury.
- Patterns – Though we’ve also seen these in use for a while, in 2019 they’re going to be more popular than ever. Homebuyers are looking to show off their unique tastes, and that’s exactly what you get with stunning patterned tiles. It’s a style that allows for so many ways in which you can incorporate your personality. To really bring a room to life, patterned tiles and their many colors, designs, and even material enhance the overall vision and feeling of a space turning it into a work of art.
- Geometrics – Tile is no longer confined to basic forms and textures anymore. Now, it’s all about shapes too, and the shaped tiles that are in demand these days are hexagonal. We’re seeing these shapes in all sizes, color, and texture, especially when it comes to floor tiles. The design and layout of these tiles make for a very unique aesthetic. When used on a large scale, like entire floors and walls, they can create a whole new tone, accenting a room. Or, you can use them on a smaller scale to enhance the perception of space in a small room, like a bathroom.
- Wood Effect – One of the biggest trends designers have seen over the past few years is the use of porcelain and ceramic tiles that look like wood. One of the best things about this design is that unlike real wood floors, you can run this all throughout your home for a stunning, streamlined finish. It’s not confined to areas deemed “wet,” like bathrooms and kitchens. And, these tiles come in all kinds of color tones and textures. So, if you’re looking for that true vintage wood inspired flooring or something more modern like the grey stained wood effect tiles, you can make it work to whatever your tastes may be. There are even exterior wood effect tiles that can be incorporated into outdoor spaces.
- Stone Effect – For those seeking a more down-to-earth, natural feel, stone effect tiles are the way to go. It’s a trend that’s really taken off in the last few years, both in residential dwellings as well as commercial, and it creates a beautifully convincing stone-effect with porcelain tiles. The stone effect tiles really explore the idea of bringing the natural beauty of the outdoors in for a tranquil, elegant space.
- Vintage – Retro-contemporary is really going to be a strong trend in 2019 with vintage tiles. More than ever, homebuyers want to be transported into decades past for that familiar feeling of home. Of course, vintage doesn’t necessarily mean old or used when it comes to modern designs. These days, there are countless new products available that embody everything from the vibe of the early 20th century to modern day.
The use of tile throughout a home has always been a sought-after trend simply due to its practical function. Today, tile is desired because of the stunning presentation it offers and the way that it can set the mood in a space. So, be sure to keep an out for these and other trends in the year ahead!