Why We Love Andersonville (and Why You Should, too!)
The historic North Side neighborhood of Andersonville has quickly built a reputation for being one of Chicago’s most sought-after places to be. This charming area is home to some of the best restaurants, cultural activities and the most welcoming people in all of Chicagoland. There’s truly something for everyone and every taste.
Andersonville represents the truest meaning of what it is to be a community. And, it’s easy to see why, as smiling faces and beautiful old homes on oversized lots paint this picturesque hideaway that rests close to the lakefront. The walkable commercial district along Clark Street is filled with locally-owned shops and an incredibly diverse culinary scene. It also boasts tons of exceptional shopping, world-class bars, restaurants, museums and galleries in the area, as well as celebratory annual events like Midsommarfest, the Miss Andersonville contest and more.
This is one of those places you have to see to believe. So, as you plan your venture into Andersonville, we thought we’d first share these five reasons why you’re absolutely going to fall in love with this area too:
- For the North Side of Chicago, the Andersonville market is reasonably priced, and your money will go a lot further as far as home investments. In fact, you may even be able to find yourself quite the deal. Plus, Andersonville is not overly crowded. An extremely rare find in Chicago, members and guests of this North Side community that sits close to the lake can still find parking on the street and get into a number of fantastic restaurants without needing a reservation.
- Andersonville has a flavor that’s all its own. With all of the independent stores, restaurants and entertainment, this gem is its own world steeped in culture and a strong sense of community.
- Andersonville welcomes all people. This luxurious neighborhood has a very relaxed and open vibe that welcomes friends and neighbors from all walks of life. From the few remaining Swedish immigrants to the young professionals and families, Andersonville is a place where everyone can feel at home.
- Andersonville is a home décor shopping mecca. This is where Chicagoans go to find high end and antique furnishings to enhance the ambiance of their homes. From Urbanest to Scout along Clark Street, there is simply no shortage of stunning pieces to indulge every taste. And, if you’re in need of a little inspiration, everyone knows that you must spend time at The Guesthouse Hotel. Whether you have family coming to town, want to explore some fine dining or just want to indulge in a staycation, the Guesthouse is Andersonville’s charming base for ultimate relaxation and refined taste.
- Andersonville’s Las Manos Gallery showcases unique and stunning works by both local and national artists. They host special events and art openings in their beautiful courtyard on warm sunny days, making for a lovely afternoon or evening out with the community. It’s the perfect place to peruse for pieces to add to your own art collection.
Andersonville has the best of everything you could want in a neighborhood and more, and if you don’t want to take our word for it, head out to the neighborhood and see it for yourself. We know you too will find love at first sight!